At Mozilla Webdev we use a lot of special terms that mean specific, non-obvious things to those who aren’t familiar with them. This document attempts to define those terms.
- pull request
- A term for a request on GitHub to merge some changes into a codebase. Pull requests are the primary place where code review happens for GitHub projects.
- Abbreviation for a request to review a piece of code.
- Abbreviation for passing a code review.
- Abbreviation for passing a code review with changes. This means there was feedback on things to change during the review, but the requested changes are so minor that a subsequent review is not necessary after making them.
- Abbreviation for failing a code review. This usually means that more work is needed rather than rejecting the code outright. After the requested changes are made, another code review is required.